Honey-Glazed Ham with Pineapple Chutney
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (7-pound) precooked spiral-sliced ham
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup apple cider or brandy
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, orange juice and cloves. Place ham onto a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Brush with half of the glaze and continue to roast 10 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze and roast until browned and heated through, about 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, combine pineapple, cider, onion, cinnamon stick and chile flakes in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until pineapple is very tender, 10 to 20 minutes; cover the pan if liquid begins to evaporate before pineapple softens. Discard cinnamon stick and serve chutney warm with ham.