Traditional Pumpkin Pie
This perfectly spiced pumpkin pie is the ideal candidate to top off your holiday meal. Make your own pumpkin pie spice by combining 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée or 1 3/4 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (in pie pan)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk in eggs, then add pumpkin, whisking until smooth. Gently whisk in half-and-half, then pour filling into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until set around the edges. Cool before serving.