Muhammara Spiced Red Pepper Dip
Keep the bright colors going by serving this fiery-red roasted pepper dip with colorful slices of raw radishes, carrots, cucumbers and Romanesco cauliflower. Tip: If you can’t find pomegranate molasses, try replacing it tablespoon for tablespoon with dried pomegranate powder found near the superfoods aisle.
Makes about 2 cups
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roasted and seeded
- ⅔ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Garnishes: Fronds from carrot tops, toasted walnuts, ground cumin or crushed red chile flakes
In a food processor blend together the peppers, bread crumbs, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt until the mixture is smooth.
With the motor running gradually add the oil. Transfer muhammara to a bowl and serve at room temperature.